Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hong Faux

Holy shit. Good thing no one checks this blog or else I'd feel bad for not posting for an entire month. So, in that time I should have accumulated at least twenty different bands, right? No. Not at all. In fact, finding good unsinged music is pretty damn hard considering everyone and their mom has a "record label" now. So I'm bending the rules a little bit. Since finding bands that are completely unsigned is so hard, I'm considering small bands that are on small labels just as easily unheard. So with that said, I have three new bands I feel incredibly worthy of showcasing.

Photobucket

Hong Faux, a Sweden stoner/fuzz/rock band with vocals that sometimes remind me of Soundgarden and/or Kamchatka, I can't quite make up my mind. Either way, they're producing a sludgy fuzzy sound with catchy guitar riffs that are comparable to Queens Of The Stone Age with a Fu Manchu guitar tone. This band only has a three track demo that costs whatever you make it. The demo is available on their Bandcamp account. Check 'em out. Highly Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment